How Many Types Of Tax Forms Are There And How Is It Helpful For The Freelancer

How Many Types Of Tax Forms Are There And How Is It Helpful For The Freelancer

I am sure everyone who has started working as a freelancer or self-employed knows that it is important to file a tax return. After all, the tax return is very helpful for the accountant because it helps him or she determine the freelancer’s tax liability. But even though it is important to file a tax return, we often find ourselves wondering how many forms there are.

In addition to the standard 1040, which is the one that is used for personal income tax, there is also the 1040A and the 1040EZ, which are the ones that are used for tax returns for corporations. 

What are the differences between these tax forms

1040 – 1040 is the most commonly used form. This is the one that is used for personal income taxes.

1040A – The 1040A is used to report and pay corporate income taxes.

1040EZ – The 1040EZ is used to report and pay the tax on dividends. 

Now that we have discussed the different forms of tax returns, let us now talk about how they can be helpful for the freelancer.

How are the tax forms useful?

If the freelancer is filing a tax return for the first time, they can look up the appropriate tax form and complete it.

For example, let us say that the freelancer has worked for an agency and has been paid a salary, but he or she did not receive any of his or her earnings as a W2. In this case, the freelancer should use the 1040A and fill out the information about his or her employer, but he or she should leave the information about wages blank.

This will ensure that the agency pays no taxes on the earnings; thus, the freelancer will not owe any taxes.

The freelancer may also need to file a tax return if his or her income exceeds $100,000 and the tax liability exceeds $10,000. In this case, the freelancer should use 1040, 1040EZ, or 1040A.

What if the freelancer is filing a tax return for the second time?

If the freelancer has previously filed a tax return for another type of tax, and the earnings are within the same range, the freelancer can just fill the form that is most applicable to the previous tax year. For example, if the freelancer has filed 1040 in the past,

Which one should I use for freelancing

It’s important to know which tax form to use if you want to work as a freelance writer.

Regarding taxes, I always recommend using Schedule C-EZ. Some people, however, prefer Schedule C., So let’s look at what each entails.

Schedule C-EZ

You should know that this tax form is that it only applies to self-employed people. This means that if you do not run a business and are only earning money through freelance work, then you should use this form.

The benefit of using Schedule C-EZ is that it allows you to deduct expenses that are related to your freelance writing business. For example, you can claim a home office if you are a freelancer, or you can deduct office supplies that you purchase and use to run your business.

As an added benefit, you can also claim car mileage if you work out of your car. This includes things such as gas and oil.

The downside of Schedule C-EZ is that it is only available to those who have no other sources of income. So if you have another source of income, you cannot use this form.

Schedule C

The second type of tax form you can use if you are a freelance writer is Schedule C. This form is similar to Schedule C-EZ in that it allows you to deduct expenses related to running your business.

The main difference between the two forms is that Schedule C allows you to deduct losses from your business, whereas Schedule C-EZ does not.

In other words, if you use Schedule C-EZ and lose a lot of money, you will not be able to deduct the losses. But if you use Schedule C, you can deduct the losses.

So while Schedule C is more comprehensive, Schedule C-EZ is more suitable if you only do freelance work.

How To Calculate Your Monthly Income As A Freelancer

To calculate your monthly income as a freelancer, follow these steps.

Find out the total number of hours you worked last year.

Subtract any payments you received, including the cost of materials used to create your work.

Multiplied the total number of hours by your hourly rate.

This is the amount of income you have made.

Divide your total income by 12 to determine the average number of hours you worked each week.

Subtract this average number of hours from a full-time job to figure out how many hours you worked each month.

Divide this number by 52 to figure out how many weeks you worked.

Finally, add up all of the numbers to figure out your total income for the year.

Use this information to fill out the appropriate forms.

How To File Your Income Tax Form?

File your income tax form using tax preparation software like TurboTax.

TurboTax provides many different tax forms, including the 1040 and Schedule C.

Use the instructions and forms provided by the tax preparation software to fill out your forms correctly.

TurboTax has several tax preparation programs. Use the one that best suits your needs.

Filing Online

If you use the TurboTax website, you can file your taxes online.

You do not need to download or print any forms.

You will only need to make sure you are logged in to your account.

Make sure you are signed in to your TurboTax website before filling out your forms.

If you are not, you will receive a message asking you to log in.

Make sure that you have entered the correct personal identification number.

If you do not have the correct number, you will receive a message asking you to enter it.

How to fill out the forms correctly.

It is important to keep track of your freelance income and expenses. This will help you to make better tax deductions and file the right tax forms.

The forms for income earned as a freelance writer, consultant or web designer will depend on how you work.

You can fill out the relevant forms at the end of each month or use tax preparation software such as TurboTax.

Use these tips to keep track of your freelance income and expenses, so you can make better tax deductions and file the right tax forms.

Filing Your Income Tax Form

Fill out your income tax form based on your monthly freelance income.

Most people who are self-employed file Form 1040.

If you are not filing on Form 1040, it is because you do not have taxable income.

The tax rates will depend on whether you are filing on Form 1040 or Schedule C.

Form 1040 has a lower tax rate than Schedule C.

In some cases, the tax rates can be the same. However, you will pay more taxes if you are on Form 1040 than if you are on Schedule C.

What is the procedure for completing a tax form

The tax forms are a very important part of any individual or corporation’s income tax filing.

In most countries, income tax forms must be submitted every year, so it is very important to follow the process of completing the forms properly.

Here are some tips for filling out a tax form:

1. Complete the forms on time.

You must complete the forms on time. The IRS will penalize you if you do not do this, so submit the forms when they are due.

2. Keep all your documents in order.

If you complete the tax forms, you must keep all your documents in order. You will need them again when you file your return, so make sure they are easily accessible.

3. Use a professional accountant or preparer.

To file your taxes properly, you must hire a professional accountant or preparer. They will know what information needs to be included in the forms and ensure that you meet all deadlines.

4. Review the forms carefully.

As you complete each section of the forms, you will be prompted to review what you have completed. This is a very important step, so make sure that you read each section carefully.

5. Print the forms.

After you have finished your forms, print them out and have them ready to mail in.

Why Do You Need to File Your Taxes

Let’s face it, the truth is, filing your taxes takes a lot of work.

You have to go through all of your income and expenses. And it can get pretty complicated when you have multiple sources of income.

It isn’t surprising that most people don’t bother doing it.

And they aren’t alone. Only about half of all Americans claim that they have ever filed their taxes.

But you can file your taxes online. You can use a prepaid debit card to file your taxes. And several companies will help you file your taxes, too.

And since you won’t be risking anything, you should take advantage of these opportunities.

Filing Your Taxes Online

It is easy to file your taxes online if you are thinking about it.

Most websites will walk you through it step-by-step. And they’ll provide you with all of the necessary information. There are things like how to deduct expenses and what kinds of deductions you can take.

That’s not all, though. You can even request a refund. There are websites that will let you file your taxes for free. But you should still keep in mind that there is a cost associated with this.

If you don’t have much to report on your taxes, then you should only consider doing this. Otherwise, you can save yourself a ton of money and time.

If you don’t have the time, you can always use a prepaid debit card. 


There are so many reasons to file your taxes. One of the main reasons is so that you can keep track of all your income and expenses. This will allow you to manage your money better and make sure you are spending your money wisely. Another reason for filing taxes is to protect you from a future audit from the IRS. Even though you’ve been a consistent freelancer for the past year, it’s always important to know what you’re worth and how much you earned during that year to ensure you’re reporting everything correctly. If you’re looking to file your taxes as a freelancer, I recommend that you speak with a tax professional or accountant


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *